29.4.06

Iran

Today, "Iran's flinty President" (thank you China State News Agency) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad promised the world that Iran would not abandon it's Nuclear project. I would like to note, for the record, that this is WELL in line with the UN Security Council's requirements (although I'm SURE that his statement will be spun in the western media, just you wait) as stated by the Security Council President himself when he asked the IAEA to look in to Iran's Nuclear ambitions.

"“The Security Council reaffirms its commitment to the Treaty on the Non Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and recalls the right of States Party, in conformity with articles I and II of that Treaty, to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination."

Iran has the legal right to pursue a peaceful nuclear program, and there is absolutely NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that their nuclear program is ANYTHING BUT PEACEFUL. THE ONLY THING that the international community agrees on in this matter is that Iran needs to be forthcoming and transparent in their intentions and to do their work to ensure the civilian nature of their nuclear program. Regardless of the western media spin on the story, the U.S. posturing (extensively covered in the western media), and the , america has no case. It is interesting to note that they have dredged up the WMD claim (remember that from Iraq? I think they're still looking for them, I heard they made a wrong turn at Mosul and were last heard from somewhere in the Himalayas) against Iran, I've highlighted the U.S. State Department statement on the matter below in my previous "Iran" Post. It's all there in black and white, I can't help but believe that those in charge in washington suffer from just as many psychological afflictions as Bin Ladin, but I don't have my psychology PHD yet so I can't really say for sure.

1 comment:

Handyman Greenwood said...

Great reaad thankyou